Happy Birthday Josh
~Saturday~
May 14th is Josh's birthday so we drove to Jackson for the weekend. We left Boise Friday night after work and got to sleep in Saturday morning which was delightful. We had a nice birthday breakfast on Saturday consisting of gluten/dairy free chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and fruit. I, of course, could not eat the eggs. We then rode our cruiser bikes out to the old house by the airport. It was a bit windy for our bikes with no gears, but it was fun nonetheless.
After the ride we all went to Garts to find a pair of hiking boots for me.
This was hard for me for three reasons:
1. hiking boots are not cute
2. they don't make women's shoes in size 5
3. hiking boots are not cute
I ended up purchasing bRoWn, children's, water resistant, brOwn hiking boots, size 3.5 that are BrOwn. They are stunning on my feet and make my tiny feet look even smaller- it is a miracle I can even balance on them :)
We took all three dogs for a walk before dinner on the bike path and we saw a baby moose :) Merry Piglets was our restaurant of choice (surprise, surprise) where Josh was able to enjoy a birthday beer and I was able to eat a gluten free taco with no cheese :) After dinner Josh patiently helped me pack for our hiking adventure. I don't generally walk around in the snow for hours on end so I was able to easily make the task of packing extremely complicated. Josh gave me a knife and a compass for my backpack (I am not sure what I would do with either of them, but I was happy to make him feel better by hauling them around for the day). After packing more than enough food and clothes, I laid out my brown boots and went to bed.
~Sunday~
Our original plan was to climb the Tetons as far up as we could make it, but there was just too much snow this year so we ended up climbing Teton Village. I would have to get all of the stats from Josh on exactly how high we ended up going, but I do know that it was a long ways for my first time on snow shoes :) The weather was beautiful and the view was amazing. We were on our little excursion for a total of 6 hours- my nose got extremely sun burnt but I did not get any blisters... thank you boots.
looking the part :)
"my ridge" -thank you very much
Josh~ please don't die, and please come back to me.
This is where our hike ended. Josh was the only one "brave" enough (I think crazy could be the more appropriate term) to cross this section of the mountain.
We waited on the other side while he got his "risk-taking, dangerous, manly, testosterone-driven, life-risking" part of the adventure out of his system.
~Monday~
We slept in, took the puppies for a small hike, took a nap, and visited a used book store. The perfect last day to a wonderful, relaxing trip. I definitely feel re-charged and ready to get back to my busy, fabulous life in Boise that I feel so blessed to live.
~Tuesday~
On the way home Josh took me to Shoshone Falls.
I had never been before and it was surely a sight to see :)
Ashley -you are so cute! Hope you are doing well. Tell your parents Hi for me!!
ReplyDeleteAshley! Love your post, what a fun (of course active) little mini vaca! Tell me about this boy... I feel so out of your loop!! Loved the photos!
ReplyDelete